Who we are
Our Vision: At Narec DE, we are committed to ensuring real reductions in carbon emissions, and making a real impact on climate change.
We are a growing highly technical team, who work purely on a range of projects related to renewable energy, energy storage, energy efficiency and decarbonisation, and as such our team have many opportunities to learn new skills and have new experiences in the low carbon industry.
We provide technical advice and guidance to a range of clients, to help them make the right decisions to reduce energy use, and reduce carbon emissions. This ranges from technical reports of energy efficiency and renewable systems, through to utility scale renewables and storage.
Our Purpose: Providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure the delivery of low carbon and renewable solutions.
Who we are looking for
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are recruiting to support a range of low carbon consultancy projects. The role is to deliver a range of low carbon consultancy projects. Initially the role will focus on the delivery of energy audits for SMEs across the Tees Valley region with involvement in a range of other distributed energy projects across the UK. The role will be based from Narec DE’s Blyth office headquarters with frequent regional travel and occasional home working. The basic hours of work are 37 hours per week, with flexibility over start and end times where is does not interfere with business needs. Consideration will also be given to applicants who wish to work part-time. Narec DE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Essential and desirable qualifications, experience and skills
- Degree in science or engineering discipline.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Postgraduate qualification in an energy or sustainability discipline.
- Relevant chartership or professional membership (e.g. CIBSE, IEMA, IEE)
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, IOSH Managing Safely, etc.).
- Specialist professional, energy management and/or energy auditing qualification (e.g. EPC, ESOS or DEC).
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Conducting energy efficiency surveys at customer sites.
- Data analysis and interpretation. Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Writing technical reports and proposals to required standards.
- Engaging with both the public and private sector, including SMEs.
- Managing projects to time, quality & cost.
- Domestic and non-domestic heating systems and energy efficiency.
- Responding to tenders and carrying out business development activities.
- Delivering EPCs, ESOS, DECs or similar certified building energy assessment.
- HVAC, building services and BMS controls experience.
- European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) projects.
- Delivering techno-economic feasibility studies for renewable and low carbon technologies including solar thermal, solar
- PV, heat pumps, biomass systems and heat networks.
- Experience of quality management systems.
- Experience of developing and delivering technical training materials.
Skills / Knowledge
- A genuine interest in the low carbon economy and sustainability.
- Best practice in energy efficiency and renewable energy technology.
- Understanding built environment renewable energy systems.
- Well organised and methodical, with very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage challenging situations.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and own vehicle suitable for business use.
- Competent 3D CAD user.
- Knowledge of industrial, process and manufacturing sectors.
- Knowledge of SAP and SBEM.
- Detailed knowledge of Part L of UK Building Regulations (for both dwellings and non-dwellings) and forthcoming future homes/buildings standards.
- Ability to perform heat loss calculations from first principles.
- Practical knowledge of built environment renewable energy systems.
- Understanding of behind-the-meter battery storage systems.
- Capable of producing Microsoft Excel macros in VBA or equivalent.
- Delivery member of the TVCA SME Energy Efficiency Scheme – www.smees.info
- Deliver in-depth energy surveys/audits of SMEs, identifying opportunities for financial and CO2e savings through energy efficiency measures, on-site renewable energy generation and best practice. The requirement includes the production of comprehensive reports to a high standard.
- Specify, configure and deploy test and measurement instrumentation on customer sites to diagnose energy issues.
- Provide advice & guidance to SMEs through various means including site meetings, email and telephone support and long-term engagement in an energy management advisory role.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of beneficiary training materials.
- Support and facilitate the completion of SME paperwork including registration forms, support records and grant applications.
- Deliver energy audits on a consultancy basis for commercial and municipal buildings, analyse the findings and produce detailed and accurate written reports and/or presentations to clients.
- Manage and/or deliver a range of technical and strategic consultancy projects.
- Manage the delivery of projects, including subcontractors during field trials.
- Respond to tenders and write proposals.
- Win and deliver consultancy work independently and as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of proposals and quotations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and contribute to the continual development and refinement of the Narec DE management system.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Positive client feedback.
- Quality and accuracy of work.
- On-time delivery.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays, minimum 5% employee pension contribution matched by employer up to 10%, life assurance, company mobile phone & laptop, good long term progression prospects.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Working hours: 37 hours/week
Flexibility: We offer flexible start/end times, within reason, to staff so long as it does not interfere with business activities,
Climate Perks: Two additional holiday days a year available for low carbon holidays
Application deadline: This is a permanently open position, CVs will be considered as and when they are submitted